Wednesday, June 15, 2011

'Tis the Season for Summer Salads!


We got a new grill last weekend and I have grilled every night for dinner since then. I think fresh vegetables pair perfectly with something hot off the grill. Today I threw together this simple salad that tastes better the longer it sits.

1 English cucumber, quartered and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
3/4 cup sundried tomatoes
1/2 jar black olives (I prefer kalamata, but Maximus was sleeping so I couldn't get to the store)
1/3 red onion sliced thin on a mandolin slicer

I made a quick dressing-
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
less than 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp (or more) dijon mustard
tiny bit agave nectar
pinch of oregano
pinch of sesame seeds

Blend that all up, pour over the vegetables and let sit. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment