I like to play with food when Maximus takes long naps. This afternoon I made dark chocolate cookies but I wanted to mess around with sweeteners. I don't know how carrots popped into my head, but I pureed a bunch in my processor and strained them. Here's what I did:
- heaping cup of quinoa flour mixed with whole wheat (maybe half and half- heavier on the quinoa)
- dark chocolate cocoa- I never measure, I'm sorry, but maybe a heavy 1/4 cup?
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- bit of salt
- 1 stick Earth Balance (vegan butter stuff) softened
- molasses- I dunked a spoon in twice
- carrot juice and pulp
- 1 second pour vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
I stood by the oven until they were done expecting them to totally suck. But guess what? They didn't suck at all! I even did a little "happy dance" whilst chewing my cookie! Cha-ching!