Chunky Vegetable Soup
- Couple tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 medium/large carrots, chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed
- few pinches thyme
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (I puree mine for the tomato hater in my house)
- few cups chicken stock
- handful pasta (whatever you want. I used spinach spaghetti, broken into small pieces)
Roasted Butternut Squash
I LOVE THIS. I am not a fan of squash cooked with sugar or anything sweet- I am a hater of sweet when it should be savory. I never, ever let my syrup touch my eggs or bacon. Ack! But this side is amazing. It's not my recipe. I found one and tweaked it until it was just right, so it's sort of mine?
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (please buy good paprika. Paprika rules the spice rack.)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- Fresh ground black pepper and sea salt
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil (the amount will vary. Use until you have a runny paste)
Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, salt and balsamic in a small bowl. Slowly stream in olive oil and whisk quickly until you have a runny paste. Don't add too much, it's not salad dressing.
Dump mixture over squash pieces in a large bowl and mix until it's evenly coated. Arrange on a baking sheet covered by Silpat (or parchment or some kind of protective layer. Silicone is best) and bake until done, about 30-40 minutes. You'll want to check and turn about halfway through cooking time.