Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dark Chocolate Cookies Sweetened BY CARROTS!!!


I like to play with food when Maximus takes long naps. This afternoon I made dark chocolate cookies but I wanted to mess around with sweeteners. I don't know how carrots popped into my head, but I pureed a bunch in my processor and strained them. Here's what I did:
  • heaping cup of quinoa flour mixed with whole wheat (maybe half and half- heavier on the quinoa)
  • dark chocolate cocoa- I never measure, I'm sorry, but maybe a heavy 1/4 cup?
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • bit of salt
Just like any old cookie recipe- mix those in a separate bowl.
  • 1 stick Earth Balance (vegan butter stuff) softened
  • molasses- I dunked a spoon in twice
  • carrot juice and pulp
  • 1 second pour vanilla extract
  • 2 egg whites
In two or three portions, combine the dry with the wet ingredients. Then add some dark chocolate and white chocolate chips (I know, horrible for you- I used them sparingly) Bake at 350 until they're done. Makes 12.

I stood by the oven until they were done expecting them to totally suck. But guess what? They didn't suck at all! I even did a little "happy dance" whilst chewing my cookie! Cha-ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment