Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pizza Flavored Hummus

Such a lame picture, I know.

This creation might make me famous. Oh wait, Tribe already has this product. I saw Tribe Pizza Flavored hummus in the store today for $3.99 and I told Maximus, "dude, I can totally make this." He replied with, "Yeah!" We came home from the store, he went down for a nap and I got to work.

It turned out SO GOOD. It literally tastes like pizza. It's a better craving "fix" than pizza- it's creamy and it won't make you feel like crap after devouring a load of it.

  • can of Chickpeas
  • 1/3 cup tahini
  • 1 lemon
  • roasted red peppers (half jar)
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • salt and pepper
  • a glug of Muir Glenn pizza sauce (haha, this is where I cheated)
  • oregano
  • basil
  • paprika
  • a squirt of tomato paste to bind it a bit
Blitz it all up and let it chill. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment