Thursday, February 11, 2010

Black Bean Paradise

I like black beans, but I'm not in love with them. I'll eat them because I know they're good for me, but I'm never experimenting with them. I usually just open a can and add cumin and salsa and there's an okay side dish.

A couple posts ago I mentioned black bean spaghetti. No, not spaghetti with black beans- actual noodles made from black beans and water. The 20 grams of protein caught my eye. And as I've mentioned, I'm on this kick of "fake" pasta. (Tofu pasta is Jesse's favorite thing on the planet.)

All I did was make the recipe suggestion from the back of the package. Easy peasy. It was served cold and the pasta is off the hook! It doesn't taste like black beans and it's chewy. It could easily stand a bolognese sauce with heavy veggies. Since I threw the packaging out, I, of course, didn't write down the recipe. I think it's tri-colored bells, green onions and the pasta mixed with this dressing...umm...I'm guessing 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar, 1 tbsp balsamic, salt and pepper and oh! I added wasabi paste to it and it was good. And to a few of the readers I know that are saying, "eww" just quit being dumb try something new. Those frozen Totino's pizzas are as good for you as smoking.
MAXIMUS APPROVED!

No comments:

Post a Comment