Thursday, March 11, 2010

Oat Rolls

Yeah, these things look like little turds, but I unlocked something magical when I made them. Jesse said they are "tremendous" and I'm so proud I came up with something so damn tasty. I wish I could patent these!


All of this goes into a bowl:

2 cups organic rolled oats (bulk section of the health food store)

Handful of orange flavored dried cranberries (be careful about the ones that add sugar or god forbid, high fructose corn syrup)

1/2 cup no salt added roasted almonds (processed in the food processor)

Dash of organic cinnamon

1 second pour organic vanilla

1/3 cup of pure (no sugar added) almond butter

Maybe a tablespoon of local honey

Agave nectar- use enough to bind the mixture...maybe 1/3 cup?


You'll have to dampen your hands and mix it up with them. Make a bunch of little balls or whatever shape you want and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for a couple hours and then enjoy! THEY ARE AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. I made these this morning and they were kinda messy... :) I hope they stick to the shape I rolled them into. They seemed less sticky than I would have thought. I'll let you know...

    ReplyDelete