Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tuna Casserole


Tuna casserole is a guilty pleasure of mine. It's one of the dumbest things to make, but I could eat the entire casserole in one sitting. It's one of my favorite things my mom would make me as a kid. I've taken her recipe and added my twists to make it a teeny bit healthier:

8oz whole wheat egg noodles (cooked)
2 cans of tuna
1 can organic cream of mushroom soup (use Amy's semi condensed-the flavor is richer)
Splash of organic milk
1 small package organic peas (cooked)
Potato chips

Spray a casserole dish. Dilute the mushroom soup with a bit of milk, but keep it thick. Put the noodles, tuna, peas, soup and crushed potato chips in single layers, ending with the chips on top. Dot with Smart Balance Light and bake for 45 minutes to an hour in a 350 degree oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment