Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Spicy Chicken Lo Mein Satay


Jesse wanted something different last night. He wanted something that he usually "splurges" with, so I made him spicy chicken lo mein satay. I searched for organic whole wheat lo mein noodles for a while and finally found them. Like I've said before, I will not buy products made with enriched white flour. And these noodles tasted great! So light that I checked the back of the package a few times.

I whisked together:
3 tbsp organic soy sauce
2 tbsp organic rice vinegar
dash organic red pepper flakes
1 packet of Splenda
1/2 organic spicy satay sauce (I used Annie Chun's Thai Peanut all natural sauce)
1 tbsp organic sesame oil
a bit of fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
about 1/2 cup free range organic chicken broth
chopped organic scallion

I sauteed thin strips of chicken in extra virgin olive oil until browned. Don't saute in sesame oil! It burns quickly and is used as a flavoring. I cooked the noodles for about 3 minutes, then drained and rinsed them. I added the sauce to the chicken and simmered for the amount of time it took me to set the table and make thin cucumber strips. (used as garnish) Grab a large serving bowl, place the noodles in first and top with the chicken mixture. Gently toss. Eat. Next time, I'll add the scallions in last. I wasn't thinking when I actually cooked them.

3 comments:

  1. ewww Stace-- SPLENDA?! You won't eat white flour but you'll eat SPLENDA?! Sickness! Otherwise sounds fab! :)

    ReplyDelete