Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pumpkin Dip

Who doesn't love pumpkin treats?! I love it so much that I can eat an entire can of plain pumpkin puree. Yep, the whole thing. Today I made my second batch of pumpkin dip for an event tonight and maaaaan...it's good stuff. The stuff I made today uses neufchatel cheese (a healthier alternative to cream cheese) and Tofutti vegan cream cheese. Don't be all afraid of vegan stuff- you cannot taste the difference in this recipe. Next time I make this, I'm using all vegan! I'm sorry about the measurements listed below...I just add without measuring until it tastes right.

1 8oz package neufchatel cheese, softened
1 8oz container Tofutti vegan cream cheese, softened
1 small can of plain pumpkin puree
a heaping tablespoon ground cinnamon
maybe a tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
less than a teaspoon ground gloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup (I think) Sugar in the Raw (use this- the texture is better)

Blend all this up in a food processor until smooth. Adjust the spices until it's wonderful and serve with dark chocolate covered pretzels or whole wheat gingersnaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment