Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Not About the Salmon


...it's about the quinoa pilaf in this picture. The salmon is just a simple marinade of tamari, honey, shallots, five spice and rice wine vinegar. I may have added a few more ingredients, but I don't remember. You can't screw it up.

Anyway, the quinoa takes the cake! While I toasted a handful of organic pine nuts, I sauteed shallots, red onion, shiitake mushrooms and hit it with a bit of garlic and white wine. I removed it from the heat and threw in the nuts and flipped it a few times to combine. I added the wonderful mixture to quinoa that was cooking in organic free range chicken broth about 5-7 minutes before it was finished cooking. If my 20 month old son screamed for more quinoa pilaf and Jesse, Maximus and I ate about 6 servings of it, you know it's a winner. I'm sorry I never measure anything. I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment